Competence and know-how
The system engineers of Balfour Beatty Rail apply their competence and know-how to come up with solutions for powerful, economic and long-lasting railway power supply systems for mass transit and main lines.
System: Bringing together what should be together
Everything you need for railway power supply
Balfour Beatty Rail and the experts of its System Technology division ensure that the power supply for standard-gauge railways and local traffic systems is designed optimal, economically and environmentally clean and that all systems and platform developments are integrated. They are assisted by state-of-the-art computer applications, virtual simulation programmes, precise feasibility analyses and sophisticated project software tools.
- Overall layout of a.c. and d.c. layout od railway powers supply systems for mass transit and main lines (operational requirements, geography, legal and normative guidelines)
- Simulation studies and system integration by means of software tools for simulations with running trains and network calculations
- Design of facilities for the safety and protection of power supply systems
- Reliability analyses, FMECA, LCC considerations
- Overall layout, load flow and short circuit calculations, harmonic analysis of the three-phase current networks for auxiliary systems in power supply systems
- Layout of grounding equipment on power supply systems
- Electrical layout of a.c. and d.c. contact line systems
- Calculations of the dynamic interaction between catenary and pantograph according EN 50318.